The Galaxy S8 & S8+ have finally been launched by the South Korean smartphone giant.
The much-awaited phones were unveiled to the public today, and they will be focusing on four key characteristics:
- Entertainment & Media
Galaxy S8 & S8+ Key Features
- Camera: The S8 twins will sport an 8MP smart auto focus front camera paired with a 12MP dual pixel rear camera. Samsung has also enhanced image processing.
- Performance: Both phones are the first to feature 10nm processors. This aids speed and efficiency, and should prevent overheating issues.
- Entertainment: The phones are the world’s first to be certified as MOBILE HDR PREMIUMTM by UHD Alliance. This means that colors will be a lot more vibrant and immersive. Moreover, the phone boasts superior graphics technology, and will the Vulkan API.
- Security: The defense grade security platform, Samsung Knox, is what the phones are based on. A fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and facial recognition will be used for authentication.
Apart from these, the Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ will also be featuring the following:
- IP68 water & dust resistance
- Always-on display
- Wireless charging
- Expandable storage via microSD support up to 256GB
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Innovative Features
Bixby is an interface on the devices that will work like a personal assistant. There are several ways to interact with Bixby. Apps like Camera, Messages, Contacts and Gallery will be integrated into Bixby’s interface. Eventually, this list will increase.
Users will search the internet or shop online using Bixby. The Bixby ecosystem will use contextual awareness, AI, and machine learning to offer personalized assistance to its users.
Samsung DeX will be useful for those who predominantly work on their smartphones. DeX will bring a desktop-like experience to the phones, which will help users a lot in displaying or editing data.
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Other Important Points
The Galaxy S8 twins will be able to work with the new Oculus-powered Gear VR and Controller. Support for the new Gear 360 is present.
Samsung Connect will make IoT makes management of smart devices a lot easier. Users will now be able to configure IoT devices through a 3 step process and will be able to manage all configured devices through a special app.
The Galaxy S8 & S8+ will come with earphones developed with AKG by Harman. They will be noise-cancelling, and a metal-fabric wire will ensure that they do not tangle easily.
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Specifications
- Snapdragon 835/Exynos 8895
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB inbuilt storage expandable to 256GB via microSD
- 12MP dual pixel f/1.7 aperture rear camera with OIS
- 8MP smart autofocus f/1.7 front camera with face tracking
- 5.8″ 2960×1440 with 570ppi (S8)
- 6.2″ 2960×1440 with 529ppi (S8+)
- 3000mAh battery (S8)
- 3500mAh battery (S8+)
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm audio jack
- USB 3.0
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Pricing & Availability
The S8 & S8+ will be available April 21st onward in Midnight Black, Orchid Grey, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold.
A launch within this month is expected. The superior Exynos chip will replace the Snapdragon 835 in Indian units.
Stay tuned for more information!